Nervous System Health
Fri 9 November 6.30pm-8.30pm
Sat 10 November 10.30am-12.30pm
Sun 11 November 10.30am-12.30pm
Learn the science of stress and the art of relaxation in this stress-management module.
Stress is so much more than being busy or having too much to do. Stress is so insidious we often don’t realise its detrimental influence on our whole system.
- Learn about the branches of the nervous system and how they get stimulated
- Learn how the brain receives signals from our body and environment
- Discover the emerging field of psychoneuroimmunology – how stress affects our biochemistry to alter our mood, our immunity and its effect on disease.
- Learn to recognise the fight or flight response
- Practice techniques to calm the nervous system
This Module is a combination of theory and gentle asana. It is suitable for students with some basic yoga experience.